IFR + CAGED Systems

Hello, I am Roke from Spain, I have made these patterns combining the IFR + CAGED systems, I hope they will help.
Greetings.

3 Likes

Hi @Roke_Robla, welcome to our group! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your work with everyone. I love making these drawings of the fretboard because they reveal patterns and relationships that can be very hard to spot when you are playing. It’s easy to imagine the relationships between nearby notes, but it’s very hard to recognize the interesting relationships that can exist between notes (or groups of notes) that are very far away. But with a little bit of paper and a pencil, you can explore this world of harmony visually and make profound discoveries. Thank you and welcome!! - David

1 Like

nice…thank you

Hi Roke,

Thanks for this. I trust this will be useful to help me understand better. I noticed immediately though that the 6th mode chart (Aeolian), you have a yellow 1 and a yellow 1 next to each other on String 4. Obviously, it just needs to be white 7 and then a yellow 1. Fingers crossed it’s the only mistake. Thanks again.

Hi Michael.

Yes, it is a small mistake, I think it is the only one.

Thanks for comment.