People to jam with

Hi all, I live in Fresno California. If anybody is in the vicinity and wants to jam, please let me know!

2 Likes

I live in Seattle in the US. I’m also interested if anyone wants to jam and/or practice IFR.

1 Like

I live in Andorra. Something tells me I’m going to be waiting a long time for that first contact. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is anyone interested in doing an online jam? For instance with software like JamKazaam or others?

While I don’t have experience with JamKazaam or other recent applications, many years ago I used an application called Ninjam. The latency was set to 1 bar. This means that you play in time and people hear you playing in time. However, what you play will be heard one bar later by the other members. This was still interesting, especially when the accompaniment stays on the same chord. This allowed for interesting discoveries because of this latency constraint. This is how the Ninjam software I used worked, I don’t know for the others.

Hi Dave,
I’m interested in trying this sometime. I’m under the weather now, however.

I am interested in an online jam. I recently installed JamKazam, but am still working on the setup. My understanding is that it allows people to play together without latency. Has anyone used JamKazam?

1 Like

Hi @NormS, I would like to do this, too. Unfortunately, the place where I am right now has a very poor internet connection. I don’t think it’s worth it for me to try right now. But the situation should change in a few weeks so I will reach out then.

1 Like

Hi Dave. No problem. I am still working on my JamKazam set up and probably won’t be ready to go for another week or two. Let me know if and when you are ready.

1 Like

Hi Norm and Dave. I’d be up for giving this a try with you.…

Great. I’m still setting up JamKazam. Hopefully I’ll have it working by next week. Have you ever used it?

is it that hard to setup, Norm? Not critising or anything but just wondering since it seems to take quite some time.

No, I haven’t used it. However, I just had our internet speed bumped up, so that should help.

It has been difficult for me and I am still having issues. I tried to join a session that some friends had started, but could not get the audio to work. JamKazam said I had to configure my router to allow audio streaming, but their help page was under construction. I have been intending to get a new router, so I am going to do that first, then get back to JamKazam.

2 Likes