Chord Melody Courses 1 & 2

Has anyone taken the chord melody course 1 and 2? I am looking for someone to work with to help break down songs and play the chord and melody at the same time. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Randy, I’ve taken both of those courses as well as the regular IFR for guitar course. Are you looking for someone to help you with chord and melody at the same time or looking to help someone else? If you’re looking for help I would be happy to in any way that I can

Over+The+Rainbow blue numbrs.pdf (2.5 MB)

Hi Jaden, I would really appreciate some help. I feel like im going down a rabbit hole here. The key is Ab (im pretty sure) and I am adding numbers in blue as the scale of Ab, so the blue numbers are not the fret number but the degree in the scale. If I number the scale in Ab starting at the Ab on the 6th low string 4th fret …. the numbers are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Why are there all these flat notes in these chords?

Is it because they are not following the Chords of that diatonic scale because if the 1/4/5/7 chords were major and the 2/3/6 chords were minor as they are supposed to be the scale degrees would be 1234567 (i know the 5th is dominant and the 7th is whatever lol)

Hey so I think a lot of your confusion is coming from the fact that this lead sheet is actually in Eb haha. A good idea is to double check how many flats are in the key signature and make sure that it matches the key you think it is(key of Ab has 4 flats). Additionally, the last chord of the song usually tells you the key.